Amy Smith, LCSW-C
Director of Internship Program
Amy provides therapy to individuals and families with a focus on adolescents and adults. Amy has received basic training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) which allows clients take a distressing event and reduce or eliminate disturbing feelings associated with that event. EMDR is easily integrated into other theoretical approaches which allow Amy to customize treatment based upon each person’s needs.
No matter where you find yourself on life’s journey, Amy offers a non-judgmental space to work through challenges in a way that fosters growth and self-determination.
In addition, Amy is proficient in Sign Language and specializes in working with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.
Therapy Provided: Individual, Families
Ages Seen: Adolescents, Young Adults, Adults, Seniors
Specializes In: Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Mood Disorders, Trauma
- Bachelors in Deaf Studies from Towson University, 2003
- Masters in Social Work from Gallaudet University, 2006
- Maryland Licensed Certified Social Worker, Clinical
- Approved Supervisor by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners
- Office: 410-768-6088 Ext. 125
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org