We all can feel stuck from time to time and for various reasons. But it is important to note that just because you are feeling stuck right now doesn't mean that this is how it has to continue to be. Here are (5) things to keep in mind when feeling "stuck", seems like the only option.
- ONLY FOCUS ON THE THINGS THAT YOU CAN CONTROL. You may find that you have a tendency to take on all of the world’s problems, and not even realize it until you feel stressed, overwhelmed, and even depressed. You have to get into a place where you only allow yourself to focus on what you have the power to control, for that particular day and nothing else. If you think about the things that you currently are struggling with I bet you will realize that half of those things are beyond your control? Therefore, if you change your thought process to the things that you have the power to control you will find your stress and feelings of being overwhelmed lightened.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN HAPPINESS. This can sometimes be a hard pill to swallow. Sometimes we have the tendency to allow external things to get in the way of our own happiness. We have to take accountability for ourselves, and understand that happiness is a choice, and if we are choosing to be happy then we will be. It is also important to accept the fact that you are your own expert, and that you must advocate for yourself, because you deserve to be happy.
- POSITION YOURSELF TO BE IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE OPEN TO RECEIVE LIFE'S MESSAGES. Sometimes we get so caught up in the state of feeling "stuck" that we close ourselves off to all the blessings that could be happening around us. Once you allow yourself to be open to receive life's messages, then suddenly you will find yourself positioned in a place where you will see that there are often times subtle cues, opportunities, or even people around you, that can help get you to the next level. You will also find that there will become an endless gateway of positive possibilities and tools that you can use in your life.
- LEARN TO RECOGNIZE THE REAL PATTERNS OR SOURCES OF WHAT IS ACTUALLY MAKING YOU FEEL STUCK VERSES YOUR OWN INTERNAL SELF DEFEATING DISTORTIONS. When we feel stuck we have a tendency to sensationalize all that we "thought" once was or could have been. But the reality is that when we are feeling stuck, the things in our past were never as great as we now are making them become; and we sometimes use this as a coping mechanism that can lead to self-defeating behavior. Instead we must ask ourselves is my way of thinking right now this way because I am actually stuck with no way out, or am I hiding behind these self-defeating distortions because I have been in this negative place for so long? By asking yourself this question, this will also help you separate your distorted thoughts from current reality based thoughts.
- GIVE YOURSELF A PASS TO EXPLORE NEW AND EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES. Sometimes the only way you can stop feeling stuck is by giving yourself the opportunity to do something that is new and just for you, without feeling guilty for doing these things. We all need this; yes it can be scary and sometimes intimidating, after all, the beginning is always the hardest. But once you allow yourself to put all those worries behind, you will be amazed of all the new things that you could learn, feel good about, and now use in your everyday life.